Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bubble Guppies Ice Cream Cake

Slice of Blue Vanilla Ice Cream Cake

 My youngest son turned 4 today. I labored hours upon hours, over the course of several days to make him a Bubble Guppies cake. For those of you who are not avid Nick Jr. fans, it is a very cute somewhat educational show about underwater mermaid/merman-like preschoolers. I made him a blue-colored vanilla ice cream cake with several gum-paste cake toppers. I am proud of how the cake turned out, but somewhat disappointed at the birthday boy's reaction. Of course he liked the cake, but he took maybe 4 bites and went off to play with his new presents. Sigh. I think I could have bought a supermarket cake and received the same reaction.  I am posting this for all the other obsessive moms who will spend countless hours to create the best possible version of these characters for their little ones.

To my little guppy, I wish you a wonderful 4th birthday!

Frozen in a pan with a removable bottom surrounded by parchment paper
2 layers of Vanilla Ice Cream in 2 shades of Blue

Molly,  Mr. Grouper,  2 crabs, Bubble Puppy and Gil


Curly Candles to complete the cake

No comments:

Post a Comment