Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mango Sorbet

Mangoes


























Summer is my favorite season. Mangoes top the list of my all-time favorite fruits. But even with things I love, I can find the negatives. Summer can be too hot and itchy with mosquitoes. I got 3 new bites today which brings the tally up to 7 bites in 2 days. Not good. With mangoes, it's the stringy fibers that get caught in your teeth. Sometimes I wonder if I'm THAT person who views everything as glass half empty versus glass half full. I really do try to see the positive even in bad situations. Maybe I just need to be more religious about bug spray and carry around floss while enjoying my summer mango. Let's all cleanse our palates with this refreshing sorbet. Make way for all, the good and bad, that is yet to come.

Blend mangoes with simple syrup and lime juice

Mango Sorbet Churning


























Mango Sorbet

2 large ripe mangoes
1/2 cup simple syrup
1 1/2 T lime juice
1 teaspoon of light corn syrup (optional)
1/3 cup mango nectar (optional)

Make the simple syrup by combining equal parts sugar and water then boiling until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using.
Peel mangoes and remove flesh from the pit.
Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Freeze the sorbet in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
Recipe can be doubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment