Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pork, Chorizo, and Cabbage Dumplings

Napa Cabbage


It's so exciting to feel inspired.  I am starting to feel the gears moving in my brain again.  I was preparing to make lunch after having returned from the Korean supermarket, H-Mart.  I bought all the ingredients to make pork and vegetable dumplings.  It seemed a brilliant idea to add chorizo to the filling.  After all, I already had ground pork in there, wouldn't a chopped slightly spicy pork addition make it even better?

I can't say that the dumplings moved heaven and earth.  They were good - they had an interesting subtle change in texture and flavor from my usual dumplings.  What made me happy was feeling inspired to create something different.  I realize now that the passion for something is what spurs creativity and motivation.  It almost feels as if I have rediscovered a love once lost.  What is it you are passionate about?  Nurture it and keep the fire burning.

Chorizo, Ginger, Napa Cabbage, Ground Pork, Dumpling Wrappers and Scallions

Assembly line for wrapping dumplings

Cooked Dumpling

Close up of the filling


No comments:

Post a Comment