Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pan-seared Garlic Shrimp with Coconut Rice

Garlic Shrimp with Coconut Rice and Corn

Jasmine Rice

Welcome to the first post of my newly named blog, CuisineNV. I'm sure someone will ask, "NV? Does that stand for Nevada?" The answer is No. Say the letters out loud - NV = Envy. I would have liked to take the Bake Me Famous name along, but it was unavailable. Imagine every good name under the sun and it's already taken. I am happy to have moved the blog over to Blogger.com. I am hopeful that it will be more reliable than our previous host. I hope you like the more colorful design and if you don't it's ok to tell a white lie.

I wish I could bake sweet and sinful treats everyday, but let's face it, that's not very healthy. I'm loving the idea behind Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. It's so important to teach our children to eat healthier foods. Every so often I need to remind myself to eat more veggies. After baking 2 cakes last week, I promised myself I would blog about more savory foods. Here is a simple dinner that is quick to prepare. The coconut rice recipe is from Allrecipes. I added some organic dried coconut to kick up the flavor. The shrimp is marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Get the pan hot and cook in a little more olive oil.

Garlic Shrimp

Cooked Shrimp



No comments:

Post a Comment