Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tiramisu

Tiramisu

I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in Cornwall, CT with the best of friends. My friends Clara and Jip rented a home and invited several families to come stay for a night.  After having thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine and company, I am feeling energized.  Technology enables people to stay connected or linked via Facebook and various other social networking sites, but none can provide the satisfaction of getting actual face time with real friends.  To celebrate Clara's birthday, I made tiramisu. It was slightly too sweet, so I would cut back on the sugar next time.  I printed out her name in a large font and used an xacto knife to cut out her name to make a stencil.

If you are in the need of a pick me up, gather up some friends and share something sweet!

Assembling the Tiramisu

Assembled Tiramisu

Clara Stencil

Happy Birthday, Clara!


Doubled the marscapone filling recipe from  Baker's Royale.
Double batch of Ladyfingers from "Great Cookies: Secrets to Sensational Sweets" by Carole Walter. I piped out ladyfingers and two eight inch rounds with the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment